July 05, 2008

Not just the cards, Ma'am




When I started this blog it was going to be ALL CARDS. Well right, that didn't happen, did it? LOL. The first two pictures are taken from the Green Hill Lookoff, one of the most popular locations in Nova Scotia to take photos (and just up the road from where I live). I never, ever, ever tire of this view. The third picture is still in the same park (it's a provincial park) and just reminded me of a Monet painting. The old timers tell stories about that pond; they used to cut blocks of ice from it in the winter AND the depth has never been determined. It's VERY deep. Some fool released goldfish into it a few years ago and while it's fascinating that they survive the winter and are beautiful to watch, it's illegal and threatens the native populatioin. The last picture is a barn swallow on a nest in my parent's garage, silly thing. Dad has to wait until dark to close the doors and the first thing he does in the morning is open them. I was going to climb a ladder and get up close and personal (we know there are babies because the tiny eggshells were on the floor) but Momma had a mean glint in her eye and I didn't care to be dive-bombed. I used to laugh when she did it to the cat as she innocently crossed the lawn but I probably wouldn't appreciate the birdie flying at my head.

No comments: