June 22, 2008

I'm Back, I think


I haven't been making as many cards latey - it's more of a winter pastime for me. But Dad's 80th birthday is tomorrow (the 23rd) so I made him a card.
The rest of the sentiment says "Reach for the starts! But turn off the ceiling fan first." If memory serves me correctly (and that's a big if) it came from here, but is now retired.
This sentiment, while also being absolutely hilarious, is perfect. Dad has always been one of my most ardent supporters, while helping me stay grounded. He's the guy who used to take me on trips to the dump, taught me to handle a rifle and shoot, taught me to change a tire and the oil in the car . . . There are no pink or blue tasks. He could have been the originator of the phrase "If you can dream it, you can do it." I guess he is a bit of a feminist.

2 comments:

1 Crafty Gal said...

That is such a gorgeous card! Happy b-day Dad!!!

I tagged you. You have to see my blog for details. (SORRY)

Monica Hunter said...

Yep, that's a Hambo saying! And it's not officially retired yet... but will be retired as soon as we sell the last one in stock. Your card is just perfect with the sentiment, and I love all the "reaching" ladies! :)

Thanks for the tag, above. I'll try to respond tomorrow. ;)