July 06, 2007

DCM


The dare this week: TEXT: definition... the main body of matter in a book or manuscript. the actual wording of anything written or printed, short passage of scripture, etc
We'd like you to somehow incorporate text into your cards this week - not just one word.. but a portion of TEXT...



Kind of plain, but so am I. LOL. The butterfly was done with alcohol ink on regular (not glossy) paper, then covered with a gloss medium (Glossy Accents). I stuck it in the freezer overnight then 'crackled' it. The stamping was done on two kinds of patterned paper and for some reason I felt the need to emboss with my Cuttlebug.

16 comments:

Gillian .... said...

I love how you have created the butterfly, great techniques used :)

Anice said...

The butterfly is lovely. I really like this card. The colours are great.

Lythan said...

I love the text stamp that you used. And you have just saved me the money I was going too spend of crackle accent!

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card, just love the butterfly!

Cheryl said...

Stunning! I love the way you added the embossed layer - really makes everything pop.

Kathy said...

Lovely card - and I aslo like the the butterfly card just below this message too!

Rika said...

Pretty card, love the butterfly!

stamp and scrape said...

Both this and the card below are perfect for this challenge. Lovely!
Ros

Sheila said...

Beautiful work.... I love it.

Birdbrain said...

I had already made and sent the anniversary card so I didn't think it would be fair to submit it for the weekly dare/challenge. LOL. I like it better than the other one.

All of my Todays said...

I love the handwriting on the stamp and the butterfly is just gorgeous
Rach
x

Paula J Atkinson said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Lynne said...

Love everything about this card - especially the butterfly, it's beautiful.

Dani D said...

really in the freezer - stunning work

Samm said...

Very pretty!!!

Samm
x

Gillian said...

Robin this is GORGEOUS!!!!!
love the text bg...and that butterfly is STUNNING!!!
awesome technique...