September 21, 2008

A Good Cause AND Blog Candy

Click on the above link for details.
My Dad's mom had Altzeimer's when she died. Funny story (because if you don't laugh you'll start crying and never stop). She disappeared from the special care home one day. Nowhere could they find her, inside or out. The family was called, along with state troopers. They scoured the grounds - people everywhere. She was eventually spotted hiding in some bushes (did I mention she was ninety-four when this happened and it was the middle of November?) and returned to her room. She just gave them all a smug little smile and said, "I saved everybody. I got them all out. There was a bomb about to go off." God bless her! She also thought there was a cathouse on the third floor. Like I said, you gotta laugh. Lax security? Nope. She was crafty and knew where the cameras were. When they looked back over the tapes they saw a little shadow (she was as big as a minute) slipping out the kitchen service entrance!
So here is my card and I am going to send it to a local home for special care with a wing devoted to Altzeimer's patients.
My goodness! Wouldn't it be wonderful to win? I would be sending stuff to all my stamping friends. But even if I don't (and chances are slim) I have done a good thing. Right?
I expect everybody who reads this to do the same. I'm watching you! LOL!

1 comment:

Flower said...

What a sweetheart to nudge people to do something kind! You guys will be having some sweet karma!

I am going to have to check her website out and find out what this is all about, cause I want you to send stuff to your friends!
Love, your friend LOL