August 18, 2008

Cindy's Challenge



Cindy challenged us to be a Zindorf for a week. Well, all right. I've never done this before and don't have a brayer. Cindy pointed out that many of the cards are done with sponges, which I do have. Oddly enough, I bought an enormous sponge the other day with the intent to cut it up as needed. That's what sponges are meant for, right? So here are my attempts. I need to work on it. The flower card shading is too abrupt for my liking. The second one I llike a little better; the original tutorial used a white gel pen for stars but of course I don't have one. So I used Diamond Dust, or whatever the SU fine glitter is called. The 'grass' at the bottom is the top part of the pine stamp from SU 'Fantastic Foliage'. You gotta make do with what you gots, eh?

4 comments:

MezzoKat said...

Two fantastic cards, Robin. I don't have everything she calls for, either. I figure using what I have makes the art mine, not just a copy.

cindy said...

Wow Robin. I love them both, but the second one of the shadow person is absolutely stunning! You did great!

1 Crafty Gal said...

Ahhh, these are great!

mistaya's M.O.M. said...

I JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG BY HITTING ON THE "NEXT BLOG" BUTTON AND I FIND YOUR CARDS AMAZING! SO VERY PRETTY. WHAT A FUN SITE!