February 21, 2008

Something's Fishy



Today is my DH's birthday and here is the card I made for him. He is not one for flourishes and fuss so I kept it plain. The salmon was painted with Twinkling H2Os and spritzed before stamping. Then I overstamped it in SU Mellow Moss. Paper is SU, except for the PP, which is from my stash. The second pic is a close up to try and show the Twinkles. I was trying to arrange two fish on the card - he is a Pisces, after all - but couldn't make it work. Meh.
Oh, and seafood chowder is on the menu for tonight! LOL. But no salmon - why is salmon in chowder mix? We love salmon but it seems weird to me to have it in showder.

4 comments:

cindy said...

You have done a great job with making the fish look real. And the chowder sounds great. What time is dinner?

Lori said...

Love how you did the fish!

Michelle said...

Yeah, that fish looks real the way you colored it - great job!

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Beautiful cards.

Andrea